I found the recipe many years ago when I was browsing through the internet but I wasn’t sure if I would like them, so I never bother to make them. once I taste them and I fell in love with it.Last week my husband asked if I could make something for a pot luck party in his office. I happily said “Yes” and made some lemon bars for him to take to the office. Since it’s a very easy recipe, I doubled the amount and made some for us to enjoy with tea. I knew I will enjoy them with my sweet cups of afternoon tea and I did.
Just had my last lemon bar this morning with a nice cup of tea:)Any way, if you are going to use non organic lemons, make sure to taste the lemons before use it in the recipe. Sometimes non organic lemons taste can be stronger than organic lemon.
You can keep the baked lemon bars over night in the fridge. They actually get even better, so if you baking them for somebody or for an event make sure to make them day before…
and it will be delicious!
Here’s the recipe…
Ingredients for the crust
2 sticks of butter (salted)
1½ cup of all-purpose flour
½ cup of confectionary sugar
2 cups of confectionery sugar
½ cup of flour
- In a bowl, add slightly soften butter,1½cup of flour, and ½cup of sugar. Mix them altogether until the dough almost get together.
- Get a greased baking pan and pour the mixture in to the pan. Slightly press it evenly.
- Then bake it 350 degree oven for 18 to 20 minutes, or until the edges of the crust starts become golden brown.
- When the crust is set and starts to get golden brown, take it out of the oven and let it cool.
- For the filling, add 6 eggs in to a bowl and whisk along with ½cup of flour, 2 cups of sugar until it get smooth.
- Then add juice of 4 lemons along with the zest of the lemons.
- Pour the smooth lemony mixture on top of the crust you baked earlier.
- Back to the oven for 20minutes or the filling is just set.
- Once it got out of the oven let cool completely and then let it sit in the fridge at least 2 hours before serving.
- Sift some powdered sugar on the top and cut into squares or any shape you prefer.
Hope you liked the recipe, and have a happy weekend!