I was not a big fan of Valentine’s Day until I met my husband. We started our relationship on February 14th. I could not just ignore that day since then. I mean… how can I?
So, every year I enjoy doing little fun stuff to make the day little bit more extra special. This year I decided to make a cute little love note type valentine/love anniversary card. I believe it feels more personal and extra special when you handmade something to a person who you really love.
Good thing is it’s very easy to make and much cuter. If you are a busy mom like me but need to do something creative to your partner, son or anybody who looking for last minute ideas, this is a perfect card. You have all the control to put all your creative stuff, and to use any other occasions as well. Just let your imagination to play with it. Who doesn’t like to get a card with your own personal touch? So, I thought I’d share mine if you want to impress somebody you love.
I used some stitching, applique, and a bit of craftiness to make this lovely little card. it is all about a little country girl holding some wild flowers and a little love letter. I think it’s simple and cute.
Let’s get started then,
You will need:
*Little piece of cloth
*Some silk threads
*Basic sewing essentials
*Piece of felt for scarf and the envelope
*Little Pieces of cloth for hat and the dress
*Piece of lace for the dress
*Cardboard piece to make the card
How I did:
1. Draw the picture on both paper and the cloth (I premade an envelope, so I needed my card to match the sizes). Then cut girl’s dress using the paper template as a guide.
2. Attach the dress to the main picture with all-purpose glue. Run little straight stitches around the dress to secure and look nicer. I glued and stitched little piece of lace to the bottom of the dress.
3. Use back-stitch around the girl’s hands and legs. Then straight stitches with two different color threads to fill her long sleeves and socks. Use satin stitches for shoes.
4. I used a piece of pink felt to make the scarf. First, stitch a little piece on the neck, and then run the other piece in between. Fold it to look like a scarf, and few stitches to tighten it. Some blanket stitches on the scarf to make it look real.
5. Simple back stitches for the hat and the face. Use Satin stitch on the dots on the hat.
6. Cross stitches on braided hair, and just a little back-stitches on eyes and mouth.
7. Then I thought little girl look better in a cloth hat. Use the paper template to get the cloth hat, and glue it on the hat and secure with straight stitches. I think she looks much better. Good choice.
8. The flowers on her hand are chain stitches. The middle of the flower is satin stitches. Flower stems are back-stitches.
9. The little envelope on her hand made out of a little felt cloth. I found a little cloth heart to go with it. Glue next to girls hand and run few stitches on the envelope to look like an address bar.
10. Cut the shape you want and glue it into a piece of cardboard, and there you have it your own little card. You can write a little love note on the back of it.
I am so happy with this cute little country girl card. I hope you like it too. I can’t wait to give this to my lovely husband on love anniversary \Valentine’s Day. He loves handmade cards, and he keeps all of them I gave so far in his office room. Love is all about keeping each other happy isn’t it, and in return somebody is getting more kisses, hugs, and cuddles. Not too bad..?
Here is the card I made for my son since he loves the mouse in the “The best mouse cookie” book.
I’m secretly working on few more plans as a surprise to my husband, and so excited to show you on next week.
Do you celebrate Valentine’s Day?
What are your plans?